Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tilapia

Renee and Chantel have been asking me how to make fish.  
It's so easy.  
And yummy!! 
This is one of our family favorites.

Lemon Butter Tilapia
10-12 tilapia fillets
3 tbs butter
1 tbs lemon juice
1/2 tsp minced garlic
salt and pepper
parsley


Preheat your oven to 400


Each piece of fish comes in it's own little bag.

Cut em all out of those little bags and put them in a shallow baking dish or a stoneware pan like this pampered chef one.  (If you don't have one of these- you need to contact your pampered chef consultant immediately and get one)!!! 

Then mix butter and garlic together and melt.  Then add lemon juice.  I know this isn't real butter, but this is all I have. 
I forgot to mention the garlic powder and this Essence.  I sprinkled a little of both on the fish and the salt and then dumped the butter mixture on it.  
Then I threw it in the oven for about 20 minutes.


While my fish was cooking - I made some brown rice in my rice cooker and steamed some asparagus in the little steamer thing on top.

 Then I made a salad.  I cut up some roasted red peppers and marinated artichoke hearts.  (I heart artichoke hearts)!  And threw those and some mozzarella cheese on top of some salad greens. 
Sorry for the blurry pics.  I must've gotten buttery fingers on my iPhone :(

Then i mixed it up with my favorite italian dressing.  
Look at my new salad thingies, aren't they cute?  I got them at Target on clearance:)


And look at this yummy thing that I also got at Target (If you can see through the blur) Tomato Basil Focaccia.  Mmmmm.  I threw this in the oven with the fish for the last 5 minutes of cooking to warm it up.  Then I drizzled olive oil on it and cut it up and tried not to eat the whole thing.  

When the fish came out, I sprinkled some parsley and fresh ground pepper on it.



 Before and after.
I think they liked it :)

*
As I was cleaning up the kitchen, I had to throw away 2 cupcakes that were leftover from Saturday.  I immediately regretted it, and dug in the trash and pulled one out and ate it.  And that was dessert :/


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I am thoroughly impressed! This blog is the answer to all my cooking problems! I've never made fish in my life! I can't believe y'all ate that whole pan!!! I need some Essence. And a rice cooker since I have two Chinese kids. Where did u get that rice cooker? Let me guess...walmart. I heart Wendy's blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job, Wendy!!! Great pics and easy-to-follow directions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to know that I am not the only person who has eaten something out of their trash! I was feeling really bad about that one...now I can let it go.

    ReplyDelete