Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ravioli and Visitors

Tonight, I made ravioli with Russell's favorite sauce.
 Mmmmmm
 I started with these items.
I was only gonna use 1/2 the package of ravioli and 1/2 of the sausage, but as soon as I started cooking- some missionary friends of ours showed up at our door and needed food and a place to stay for a few nights, and I quickly had to double the recipe.  
I didn't have another can of regular tomato sauce, so I used this.
*
So, here's the recipe
*
Ravioli with Sausage Sauce
1 9oz pkg ravioli
1 lb Italian sausage
1 big can tomato sauce
italian seasoning
minced garlic
olive oil
Start with the sausage.  
(If you're one of those people who don't eat pork sausage- I guess you could try turkey sausage or something, but I can't promise it will be awesome).
First, pull those nasty casings off the sausages and throw them away. 
Heat some olive oil in a pan and throw the sausage in.  Break em up in smaller pieces as they cook.  
After a few minutes, it should look like this.
Dump in the sauce and about a tsp of garlic.
I like garlic.
Add some italian seasoning.  I'm not sure how much.  Maybe a teaspoon or two.

And I forgot to tell you that you should have a large pot of water that should be boiling at this point.
Add your ravioli.  I used the four cheese kind.
They only take a few minutes to cook.
Drain the ravioli and throw them in the sauce pan.
Mix gently.
 It should look like this.
I made a salad with romaine and caesar dressing.
And don't forget the garlic bread.
Made with real garlic!!!
I like garlic.
 



3 comments:

  1. I love this blog. U sound like u have a freezer and pantry full of extras in case missionaries stop by! We wanna see a photo of your pantry and freezer!! Next I need to know about how much each meal costs. I have five kids and need to budget! I almost gagged when I read about the casings! Couldn't I use ground beef instead? Do u know where I can get green-fed and green finished organic ground beef like in the Bible days? By the way, me and my husband and five kids need a place to stay Frusay night after those missionaries leave. Will u make us chicken tomato crostinis and stuffed jalepenos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee- you make me laugh!!! I always have extras!! I think by the time I doubled this recipe and fed 4 adults and 3 kids (everyone had seconds or thirds), it cost me about $18. And I had leftovers. If you use ground beef, it wouldn't be SAUSAGE sauce!!! The casings are gross. Go to reasors or buy your own cow and feed it organic grass. Missionaries are staying till Saturday- sorry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Blog! Funny and Helpful with all the Pics! So glad that you did this! We All are! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete