Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Crock Pot BBQ Pork

I LOVE my crock pot.


Like.... I Really Love It!!!

Sunday morning, we still had a few people at the house from Word Explosion.
The missionaries were still here and we had some boys from Missouri here too.  Their dad was coming to pick them up sometime on Sunday.  So, i wasn't sure how many people I was going to have in the house for dinner that night.  So, I wanted to make a pork roast that could feed 15 people if I needed to.


I took a frozen block of pork out of the freezer.
And dumped it in the crock pot.
I cook frozen meat all the time :)

I'm not really sure how big this was.  Maybe 3-4 pounds?


I sprinkled some garlic powder and red robin seasoning on top of the frozen meat.
I think red robin seasoning is like seasoned salt with some other stuff.


I covered it and cooked it on high for 6 hours.

If you meat was thawed, you could probably cook on low for 6-8 hours.


This is what it looked like when I opened the lid.

Perfect


Then I took it out and scraped the fat layer off the bottom. and I dumped all the juice and fat out of the crock pot.  And I scraped the stuff off the bottom of the pot and threw it away.  
My meat was falling apart while I was trying to do this.
This is what you want!!!


I put it back in the pot and broke it up.


Then I poured BBQ sauce on it.
I used about 2 cups of sauce.  You can use your favorite.
I used a mixture of allegro marinade, head country original and some garlic and rosemary seasoning.


Mix it all up and turn it on low until you are ready to eat.

But, in my case - no one ate it!!!

We ate a late lunch, and everyone left the house at 5:00 to go see Kenneth Copeland at church.
So I dumped it in a container and threw it in the fridge.

And we ate it last night for dinner.


I warmed it up in the microwave and made some sweet potato french fries (which were wonderful), and warmed the leftover corn souffle from the other night.


This is a horrible picture, I know.

I don't like to over-sauce the meat when I add the sauce.
Just enough to add good flavor, and you can add more later if you want.
I added some spicy sauce to mine.

All my kids ate this up, and Kailey asked for more 3 times!!!



3 comments:

  1. How do u know to combine all those seasonings. I would never combine BBQ and Allegro. (Sp?) I don't know anything about pork either. I'm gonna skip this one. Things I've learned so far from ur blog: 1-I don't cook enough. 2-I need a big freezer with a dead cow and frozen cheese in it. 3-I need jumbo seasonings, preferably Vintage. 4-u r funny and a great cook (but I already knew that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and another thing I learned: none of my friends know how to post comments on blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes- you are the only one who knows how to post a comment!!! I knew you wouldn't attempt this one because it is pork. Do you even own a crock pot? Maybe I should've gotten you one for your birthday. I learned about the sauce for going to SAMS!!! Everyone needs a deep freeze and frozen cheese!!!

    ReplyDelete