Saturday, August 20, 2011

Taco Night

 We have taco night at our house at least once a week.  

My husband bought a half a cow almost a year ago and we've eaten most everything except a few roasts, some spare ribs (which I have no idea what to do with), and about 200 pounds of ground beef!!
So, I'm trying to use up the ground beef before its time to buy another cow.

We also had some friends over who are in town from Missouri for Word Explosion. 
And they brought some of their friends.
So I made dinner for 13.

I fell silly for posting a taco recipe when everyone probably already knows how to make them.  You just follow the package directions, right?

 Start with a bunch of ground beef.
In my case, tonight - I used 5 pounds. 

Brown it.
Look at all that grease!!!
Drain it.

Add your taco seasoning and water.  Whatever the taco package says.
Then I added some dried onion, cumin, and chili powder. 

I just let the meat sit on low heat while I warm up the re-fried beans and tortillas and taco shells.

 Serve with your favorite fixins.  

Mmmmmmm.

So, I fed 13 people (including 2 teenage boys) and I had leftovers for under $25.

Dessert :)

2 comments:

  1. First question: if u dug that meat outta the garage deep freeze then how did u defrost it. I'm afraid to defrost things on the counter overnight! Second: what kind of taco srasing is that? Vintage? Third: why didn't you get them to write something on that cookie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, I had already planned on making this for dinner so I pulled 2 pounds of meat out that morning and left it on the counter to thaw. Then, I found out more people were coming, so I took some more out. Some of it was still a little frozen in the middle when I started cooking it, but like I said before- I cook frozen meat all the time!!!
    Taco seasoning is from SAMS!!!
    Got the cookie from walmart. There was no one there to write anything. What was I gonna write? - Welcome missionaries?!?!

    ReplyDelete