Friday, August 12, 2011

Cupcakes!!!

I'm not cooking tonight!! I've been at Renee's house all day helping her bake cupcakes for her little girls' party tomorrow. Lily was just adopted from China and she is having her first birthday party ever!!!  Anyway- we made like 25 dozen cupcakes today and now I don't care if I eat dinner at all!!
My husband has been at church all day smoking briskets and grilling chicken for the missionaries that are in town for our week long church conference that starts tomorrow called Word Explosion. So, I think he'll bring some food home for anyone that wants to eat.
Sorry, no meal ideas tonight, but I will share a yummy dessert...
My friend Jackie came over the other night and we made these cupcakes.  (These are not the same cupcakes that Renee and I made today- that's a top secret recipe)!!

Angel Lush Cupcakes

1 box angel food cake mix
1 pkg vanilla pudding mix
1 big can of crushed pineapple
1 small tub of whipped cream
strawberries

Mix the cake batter as directed on package and fill cupcake tins.  Bake about 12 minutes.  Cool. 
Mix dry pudding and pineapple together.  Fold in whipped cream.  Plop this right on top of the cupcakes.  Cut strawberries in half and put one on each cupcake.  Yum!!!

 
 
Kailey shoved the whole thing in her mouth!!
 Be careful though... the angel food is SO light and fluffy that you might think its ok to eat 7 or 8 of them like Jackie and I did. 
We went through 3 dozen that night!!





2 comments:

  1. Why didn't I get one of these cupcakes?! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, since I was there that night I can truly attest to the fact that these two woman actually ate most of these cupcakes...I myself refrained and only ate 4 of them. I plan on making them myself very soon just so that I too can eat more than my fair share!

    ReplyDelete