Monday, August 22, 2011

Game Night & Corn Souffle

Saturday night, we had some people over for dinner and games. 

We had grilled chicken and steak.
Tim brought the meat and grilled at our house.  He is a grill-master!! 
He made some of the most delicious chicken I've ever had!!
I wish I had remembered to take a picture!! 


Chantel was in charge of appetizers.



Renee brought the salad.
Doesn't that look delish!!!

I made corn and potatoes.
Have you ever had Stouffer's corn souffle? 
This is my version of it:

Corn Souffle
1 can creamed corn
2 eggs
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper


Preheat oven to 400.


Beat eggs until foamy. 


Beat in remaining ingredients. 


Pour into a small greased baking dish.
(I tripled the recipe.  That's why mine is in such a large pan).


Bake for about 30 minutes, until knife inserted comes out clean.

It was yummy!!

We also had some potatoes (recipe to come later), and some rolls, and Renee brought Kupcakz!!
There was no time to take a picture of the Kupcakz - as they were devoured immediately!! 

We had a wonderful meal together.
The guys played Dominion.
The kids went swimming.
And the girls got bit by mosquitos.


1 comment:

  1. I'm looking pretty good with my salad when Jimmie's "appetizers" are posted above! Jimmie was excused due to "word explosion trauma recovery" the corn stuff is the best corn version I've ever eaten. The Mosquitos bit me 7 times n five minutes. I should sell my scent to bug zapper companies! The potatoes were so good Husband "hurt himself!"

    ReplyDelete