Monday, September 5, 2011

Meatballs

I made these meatballs the other night.
They are the easiest recipe ever!!

We made sandwiches out of them.
Like subway.
But, not.


I started with a couple pounds of meat.


And add a package of stove top stuffing.


Pour in a cup of water.


Add 2 eggs.


Wash your hands, and dig in.
And then wash your hands again.


I like to put my meatballs in muffin tins when I bake them.
I sprayed this pan with cooking spray.


I formed them into large balls and threw them in the pan.


I also made smaller ones in this mini muffin pan.
Not to be fancy or anything, 
but because I must have left my other pans at Renee's house the last time we made cupcakes and this was all I had.


Put them in a preheated 400 degree oven.


After 10 minutes, I took them out and flipped them over.
And put em right back in.
You could skip this step if you want, but I was trying
to brown them evenly.


The mini ones were done after 10 more minutes. 
I left the bigger ones in for 15 more.


Then, I put the meatballs in my crock pot on low, 
and poured this can of spaghetti sauce on top.
Then off to pick up kids from school, go to gymnastics and football.


When I got home later, it looked like this.


 I made a few sandwiches like this on these little 
hoagies with some provolone cheese.

*

I made these meatballs once before and my friend (I won't say his name) came over and accidentally dropped one in my silverware drawer!!!
You can imagine the mess.
It's still funny, and I'll never let him forget that he did it. :)
 
 
Meatballs
2 lb of ground beef
1 package of stove top stuffing
2 eggs
1 cup water

Directions
Heat oven to 400.
Spray 2 cookie sheets or 2 muffin tins with cooking spray.
Mix all ingredients together.
Form into about 30 small 1 1/2 inch balls
or about 18-20 large 2 1/2 inch ones.
Place on pans and bake for 20 minutes for 
smaller balls, and 25 for larger ones.
Add your favorite sauce and enjoy.

*

By the way - this is a Kraft Foods recipe
that I changed just a bit.




1 comment:

  1. Yum!!!!!!!! And what goof would drop a meatball in your drawer?!

    ReplyDelete