Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Roasted Veggies

Last night, I made some roasted veggies to go 
with Russell's gigantic T-bone steaks.


Over the weekend, a comment was made that 
my posts are getting fewer and fewer.  
Let me explain...
I could post everything that I made for dinner last night,
but you don't want to know that I made tacos 
again, or had pizza again.  
And sometimes, we eat at other people's house.
And let me just say that I have a hard time trying to remember 
to take pictures while I'm rushing around cooking dinner, 
so some things never make it to the blog at all!!
We went out the other night to Fuddrucker's (only because the 
wait was too long at Cheddar's) and spent $40 on burgers!!!  
It made me sick.
That's why we never go out to eat.  
I could have made the same thing at home for about $10 and 
it would've been better and made me happier. 

So, back to last night's dinner.
Russell found the extra large T-bones in the freezer that he 
thought were missing.  He had been looking for them for months.
Actually, I think he said someone stole them!!  lol
But, of course no one stole them. 
They were just hiding under the frozen peas!!

So, he grilled the steaks, and I made these delicious 
vegetables to go with it.


I started with these.


I cut them into about equal sizes.  
I left the mushrooms a lot bigger because they will 
shrink way down, and I want to be able to see the 
mushroom that I'm eating.


I ended up using only half of my zucchini, half 
of my red pepper, and only one carrot.


Time to season.
Usually, I like to use the same seasonings as whatever 
else I'm making to go along with it.  But I didn't want steak 
seasoning, so I used some other stuff.


Add spices.


And mix.
I find the best way to mix this is with my hands.


Dump them on a cookie sheet.


Drizzle on some olive oil and 
put them into a 400 degree oven.


Turn them after 15-20 minutes.
And put them back in for another 15-20.
I had my oven on convection, so I think they cooked a 
little faster than they would in a normal oven.


This is what they looked like after 35 minutes.
See how tiny those mushrooms are?!


They were delish!! 
A little crunchy on the outside, and 
tender on the inside.


I found a half a loaf of this bread in my freezer from I 
don't even know when.  I just threw it in the oven with the 
veggies for the last 15 minutes of cooking. (It was frozen). 

I also made a salad.  But I ate it so fast that I 
didn't have time to take a picture.


Here's Russell's steaks from that cow we bought last year.
She sure was a good 'ol cow.

Here's the recipe for the vegetables:


Roasted Veggies
4-5 cups of cut-up vegetables such as
potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, onion
zucchini, peppers and yellow squash
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp seasoned salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tbsp other seasoning such as
rosemary & garlic or Mrs. Dash

Preheat oven to 400.  Cut vegetables into small chunks about 
the same size. You can leave mushrooms a little larger 
if you want because they will shrink.  Place them in a large 
bowl and add seasonings.  Mix well.  Put them on a cookie sheet 
and put them in the oven.  After 15-20 minutes, take them out 
and turn them.  Then, put them back in for another 15-20 
minutes.  Check the potatoes to see if they're tender. 
If they are - then everything else is done too.

No comments:

Post a Comment