Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes and Adoption

This is the best cupcake in the world.


If you've had one, then you know I'm not kidding.
And if you haven't had one - you need to!!!

Pumpkin Cream Cupcake with Cinnamon Fluff

The name sounds Heavenly too, doesn't it?

My friend asked me to make some for her for a thing at work.
And since I had to make 1 dozen, I thought 
I might as well make 4 dozen :)


Gotta have real pumpkin for this one.


The brown batter actually doesn't look very 
appetizing, but it sure tastes good.


Here they are in the oven after the cream filling was added.

I had to work alone in The Cupcake Factory today
because My partner, Renee was in Cincinnatti with 
her adopted Chinese special need orphan child
having surgery on one of her special needs.
It's a rule that no one should ever work alone in 
The Cupcake Factory because anything can happen.
And, sure enough, 30 minutes into baking - 
something happened.  I over filled a whole dozen
and they spilled over in the oven.  It was a mess.
But they were still edible, so I kept them.
They just weren't the ones I gave to my friend :)


Here they are with the Fluff.

Ya'll thought I was gonna give you the recipe, didn't you?
Not a chance.
It's a Cupcake Factory exclusive.
And if I gave you the recipe - you might try to make 
them yourself, and then you wouldn't get the chance
to help Chinese orphans with special needs!!


Look at this child.  Isn't she cute!!!
This is Lily.  She's the Chinese special needs
orphan that was having surgery.

I love adoption.
I am adopted.  So was my mom.
It could be in my future too.

Last year, The Cupcake Factory went into business
to raise money for the Hook Family to adopt
TWO special needs Chinese orphans.
We made over 3000 cupcakes in a few months.
Adoption is VERY expensive.

This year, we are back in business only for a 
little while.  We'll be offering these Pumpkin Cream
Cupcakes with Cinnamon Fluff for the week 
of Thanksgiving.  We're paying for surgeries 
this time.  Even with insurance, is SO expensive.

So, here's your chance to get a delicious dessert
for Thanksgiving and you're helping a precious
family pay for surgeries for their Chinese special
needs children at the same time!!!

Let me know if you're interested
and I'll give you the details.



No comments:

Post a Comment