Friday, October 21, 2011

Crock Pot Apple Dessert

It's the season for apples.
And apple pie,
and apple crumble,
and apple strudel,
and baked apples,
and apple brown betty,
and every other kind of yummy apple dessert :)

I found an apple dessert for the 
crock pot that I wanted to try.


Aren't these pretty?!?
 

Apples and butter and sugar.
You can't really go wrong.


First, I sliced up about 6 medium
granny smith apples.


Then I melted some butter and added flour,
brown sugar, cinnamon, regular sugar
and a little ground ginger and nutmeg.


I mixed it up good.
This seemed really thick.  I expected it to 
be a little runnier because the recipe said to 
pour this on top of the apples.


But, instead, I had to spoon it on.


I set it on low for about 4 1/2 hours.


And this is what I got.

The top was cooked and a little crusty.
And absolutely delicious!!

We put vanilla ice cream on top and 
ate a whole bunch.

The apples were a little too soft.  
Next time (there will be a next time for this one),
I will add 3 or 4 more apples and cut them
in bigger chunks so they won't be as mushy.

Here's the recipe:

Crock Pot Apple Crisp

  4-5 cups apples, sliced
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup regular sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger (optional)
1/4 tsp. nutmeg (optional)
3/4 cup butter 

Grease crock pot.  Line with apples.  Melt butter.
In medium bowl, combine melted butter with all remaining 
ingredients.  Pour over apples.  Cook on low 4-6 hours.




No comments:

Post a Comment