Saturday, October 8, 2011

Chicken Tacos

My family loves tacos.
Or anything that you can put in a tortilla.
This recipe is basically the same as the Mexican Pot 
Roast that I make, just with chicken.


Mmmmm.
Looks so good, I might warm up 
some leftovers for lunch today.

When I got out the crock pot this morning,
the kids started whining.
They said they don't like anything out of the crock pot!!
I told them they don't know what they're talking 
about, and then I took them to school.

I had actually planned on making curry chicken, but 
since the kids' complained, I thought I'd better make
something that I know they will eat and like.
So, at the last minute, I switched recipes.


I got out 4 big chicken breasts and trimmed the fat off.


Then I threw them in the crockpot with some
cumin, chili powder and a pack of taco seasoning.

 
Then I added a cup of salsa.
You could add a can of ro-tel instead if you want to,
but I just love this walmart salsa!!!


I put a little dried onion flakes in there too.
I set it on low and let it do it's thing.


This is what it looked like after 5 hours.
It kinds looks a little gross here.
But, wait....

 
Once you mix it up a little and shred the chicken
with a fork, it starts looking a whole lot better.
I barely had to touch my chicken and it fell apart.


There it is.
There was a lot of liquid in there, but after I 
mixed it, the chicken soaked most of it up. 


I made a hard taco.
(The chicken is in there somewhere)!


And a soft taco.

 
And I LOVE spicy.
So, I put some of this super hot salsa on mine :) 



Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
  
4 large chicken breasts
1 cup salsa or 1 can ro-tel
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder

Spray the inside of your crock pot with non stick spray.
Put the chicken on the bottom.  Sprinkle spices and
taco seasoning on the chicken.  Pour salsa on top. 
Set to low for 5-6 hours.  Shred chicken with a 
fork and serve with your favorite taco fixins.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment