Sunday, January 22, 2012

Spaghetti Squash

OK, So I took a little break from blogging.

First, I've been busy and blogging takes time. 
And second, I don't really have a huge following and 
I didn't really think anyone would miss me:)

Also - my friend Chantel made my lentil stew and 
said it didn't turn out good.  So then I got scared 
and thought - what if other people are making 
my stuff and it's awful too!?!?!  Oh No!!!

But, then my loyal friend and faithful follower Renee
said she missed my blog.  So, here I am.

*

So, I'm trying to eat a lot more vegetables.  
And try some new ones.
Last year, I discovered avocados and they're my 
favorite thing.  I probably eat 3 a week.

A few weeks ago, I made my first spaghetti squash.
It's good.  It's different.  It's kinda fun.


This is my spaghetti squash.
I put it in the oven for an hour at 400.
You should take the sticker off first.
I think I forgot to do that :)


I turned it a few times while it was in there.


I let it cool just a bit.  Then cut it in half.


It's got guts inside that look like a pumpkin.


You want to scoop all that out and throw it away.


This is the fun part.
Just lightly scrape the inside with a fork,
and these wonderful "spaghetti" like 
strands start to appear.


I scraped down to the skin.
And got a ton of meat out of it.


This is from just the first half.


Then I added all of these things.


Salt, pepper, parsley, parmesan, and a little olive oil.


I gently tossed it together and put a little
more parmesan on top.

 
Russell became a hunter a few months ago
and killed his first deer.
He made these venison steaks tonight and
was so proud of them he wanted me to take a picture.

They do look good.
But I have trouble eating deer meat.

*
Here's how I made it:
Spaghetti Squash 

 1 medium spaghetti squash
1 tsp salt
pepper
1 tbsp parsley (I used dried)
olive oil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Heat your oven to 400.  Pull your sticker off your squash :)  Place your squash on a baking pan and roast for about an hour.  Let it cool for a few minutes, then cut it in half.  Scoop out all the seeds and stuff in the middle.  Gently scrape the insides with a fork.  Add salt, pepper and parsley.  Drizzle on some olive oil.  Add most of the the parmesan.  Gently toss it all together.  Sprinkle the rest of the parmesan on top.  








No comments:

Post a Comment